What is a “customized” massage?
There are many different Massage Modalities (or types of Massage). A customized massage by Laura does not necessarily use only one type of massage in a session. Each session may be different depending on your needs and techniques will evolve as we discover what works and what doesn’t.
What to expect:
At the beginning of each session – We will go over what your goals are for the massage. Once we have clarified the goal, we will discuss what type of pain you may be having, what has worked for you in the past (or not worked) and what techniques may work best for you during the session.
During the massage – Pressure, techniques, and focus can be changed easily according to your needs.
After the massage- We will discuss what we have found, how massage can help, and the plan for future sessions.
What Modalities does Laura use?
- Swedish (basic relaxation and stress relief)
- Deep Tissue (basic pain relief techniques)
- Orthopedic (injury based medical massage)
- Neuromuscular (trigger point massage)
- Myofacial Release (connective tissue work)
What Conditions Can Massage Help?
- Fibromyalgia * Arthritis * Athletic Injuries * Headaches * Stress & Tension * Whiplash * TMJ * Disc Problems
- Scoliosis * Kyphosis * Lordosis * Shoulder Pain * Frozen Shoulder * Golfers Elbow * Tennis Elbow * Carpal Tunnel
- Sciatica * Piriformis Syndrome * Knee Pain & Injuries * Shin Splints * Plantar Fasciitis * Neuroma
- And MANY more…