- Delaware Acupuncture, Classical Chinese Medicine2055 Limestone Rd
Wilmington, DE 19808302-273-2807
- Seminars and WorkshopsPlease join us on your journey to health.
Clinic HoursMon9:00am - 7pmTue9:00am - 7pmWed9:00am - 7pmThu9:00am - 7pmFri9:00am - 6pmSat9:00am - 12pm
- • Spring Cleaning the Mind: Meditation in this New Season •
- • Enjoying a Taste of Spring •
- • Clearing the Wind: Dealing with the Seasonal Allergies of Spring •
- Sign Up for Email UpdatesFor Email Marketing you can trust.
Tag Archives: addiction
Opioids. A word all too common to today’s society. Since the late 1990s, the number of opioid-related deaths has increased dramatically, having taken the lives of nearly 64,000 Americans each year.
The opioid epidemic is considered to be the deadliest crisis in United States history and overdoses have also become the leading cause-of-death in people under the
Addiction is defined as the compulsive physiological need for and use of a habit-forming substance, which means addiction can come in a lot of different forms. People can be addicted to illicit drugs like heroin just as easily as they can be addicted to sugar. But for the purpose of this article, let’s stick to illicit drugs and alcohol.
NADA, which stands for the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association, was established in 1985 to promote the NADA protocol acupuncture treatment for addiction. The non-profit organization promotes advocacy and the use of a non-verbal, pharmaceutical free approach to behavioral health. The protocol uses five specific acupuncture points on the ear to treat addiction and to be an alternative to methadone.